Scientist for Liquid Phase Investigations (m, f, div, n.d.)
The Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research is part of the Leibniz Association and an internationally renowned institute in the field of aerosol and cloud research.
The Atmospheric Chemistry Department (ACD) is seeking a Scientist to work on atmospheric chemistry issues in the liquid phase laboratory using time-resolved spectrometric measurement techniques, kinetic analysis techniques, and analytical techniques for product studies. Job requirements include:
- Planning, performing and evaluating complex laboratory studies of homogeneous and heterogeneous chemical reactions in a multiphase system.
- Systematic studies of liquid phase reactions on the chemistry of tropospheric cloud and aerosol particles
- Acquisition and successful processing of national and international third-party funded projects
- Method development and application for the analysis of organic reaction products as well as for new kinetic measurement methods
- Organization and implementation of international cooperations; participation in international activities of the department, especially in the cooperation with China
- Formulation of reaction mechanisms from the results of laboratory investigations
- Participation in the ongoing development of the CAPRAM multiphase model system of TROPOS ACD
- Comprehensive evaluation of series of laboratory investigations
- Publication of research results in scientific journals
- Supporting the head of department in administrative tasks
- Participation in academic teaching
- Supervision of employees
The candidate should have relevant experience in the fields mentioned above. A degree in chemistry or environmental chemistry with a doctorate is required. Knowledge of photochemistry and kinetics, atmospheric chemistry, and basic analytical chemistry is required.
TROPOS values the diversity of its staff and pursues equal opportunity goals. The institute aims to increase the number of women in research and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. People with severe disabilities have priority in hiring if they have equal aptitude, ability, and professional qualifications.
We offer you an exciting job with a varied activity in an interdisciplinary working environment and a variety of work and family offers as well as flexible working hours and daycare places.
The employment is temporary and includes full-time position with 40 hours / week. Remuneration is provided at TV-L pay group 13, including the attractive social benefits of the public sector.
If you are interested, please send your complete and meaningful application documents (including references) by 15.11.2022 exclusively by e-mail in one coherent PDF document to under the keyword "ACD-Flüssig": bewerbung[at]tropos.de
By sending the application documents by e-mail, the applicant agrees to the storage/processing of personal data according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the purpose of applicant selection for this vacancy. Attention is drawn to the risks associated with the electronic transmission of documents.