Professor Dr. Ina Tegen
Leibniz Institute for
Phone: +49 341 2717-7042
Mail: ina.tegen at tropos.de
Room: 104 (Geb. 23.1)
Head of the Department Modelling of Atmospheric Processes
Modelling of Atmospheric Processes
Research areas & research interest
Numerical modelling of tropospheric aerosol distribution and impacts
- Aerosol-Ocean Interaction: Ocean Import of Dust and Ocean Export of Organic Matter (Co-Principal Investigator), part of the Joint Research Project Surface Ocean Processes in the Anthropocene (SOPRAN); Subproject, Regional modelling of Saharan dust export to the Tropical Atlantic, BMBF, 2010-2015
- High Definition Clouds & Precipitation in Climate Prediction (HD(CP)2; Subproject M3: Simulation of aerosol distributions, cloud condensation and ice nuclei in NW Europe, BMBF, 2013-2015
- Direct Normal Irradiance Nowcasting methods for optimized operation of concentrating solar technologies (DNICast), Subproject High Resolution Aerosol Modelling; EU, 2013-2015
- Characterization of European aerosol by regional modelling and lidar measurements, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, 2011-2014
- Modeling and observation of Sahara dust transport, modification and radiative impact (Co-Principal Investigator), part of the Research Group Saharan Mineral dUst experiMent (SAMUM-2), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, 2007-2010
- Regional Modeling of the Saharan Dust Cycle (Co-Principal Investigator),part of the Research Group Saharan Mineral dUst experiMent (SAMUM-1), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, 2004-2007
- Interactions and Feedbacks of Biosphere and Climate on Interannual to Centennial Timescales and Future Trends (Research Scientist, Principal Investigator: I. C. Prentice); German Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF), 2001-2005
- Global Aerosol Climatology Project: Improvement and Synthesis of Global Aerosol Climatologies Derived from Long-Term Satellite Observations and 3D Transport Models (Co-Principal Investigator); National Aeronautics and Space Administration , USA, 1998-1999
Professor for Modelling of Atmospheric Processes, University Leipzig
- Associate Editor, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres.
- Member of the Steering Committee, SDS-WAS (Sand and Dust Storm Warning Advisory and Assessment System, WMO).
- Member of the Steering Committee HAMMOZ (Aerosol and Atmospheric Chemistry Modules for ECHAM), Chair: U. Lohmann, ETH Zürich, CH.