Dr. Patric Seifert
Leibniz Institute for Tropospheric Research
Phone: +49 341 27177080
Room: 216 (Building 23.1)
Research areas & research interest
- Ensure availability and continuity of the ground-based remote-sensing observations performed with the LACROS instrument suite
- Investigation of the effect of aerosols on ice formation processes based on cloud and aerosol observations performed with LACROS
- Evaluation of the effect of aerosol particles on the forecast skill of numerical weather forecast models
- Operation and extension of the Cloudnet data processing scheme to derive continuous datasets of aerosol and cloud microphysical properties and type.
- Work with students and performing outreach activities – aiming to show both: how TROPOS contributes to the understanding to aerosol-cloud interaction, and the vast carrier options one has in atmospheric sciences.
- HD(CP)2 -Phase 2
- In-situ observations of mixed-phase clouds with balloon borne replicator observations
- CyCare Experiment: Deployment of LACROS in Limassol, Cyprus from fall 2016 to summer 2017
Measuring Systems (constructed and supervised)
Lectures about the topic Cloud Radar in the module “remote sensing” for master students (Meteorological Institute, University of Leipzig)
Since 2006: Deutsche Meteorologische Gesellschaft (DMG)